Regardless of your views of the Covid-19 pandemic, there is one thing you should be even more concerned about. It is the response to the corona virus by government leaders.
Karl Marx listed 10 steps needed to transform a free enterprise system into a socialist/communist system with an omnipotent government. If we look at the responses to Covid-19, by politicians, it is very clear that many of them are following these ten steps.
There are always some people with a lust for power, and the desire to maintain control over others. America already has a great many politicians with this lust for power and control, and they have been taking great strides toward socialism, in the past decades. The coronavirus, however, is a golden opportunity to take great leaps. Other countries, including socialist/communist countries, are doing likewise, to gain greater control over their citizens. This post will only focus on the United States. (See also- 40 Reasons Why America Will Fall To Socialism)
1. The first step, listed by Marx, is abolition of private property. Socialism seeks to abolish ownership of private property. Because of increasingly high property taxes, most Americans would already admit that the state governments are the true owners of all real estate. Add to this, the fact that the federal and state governments already own approximately one third of all real estate in America. As government authorities respond to this “public health emergency”, many have granted themselves the authority to confiscate or control private property. They have given themselves the right to control or destroy people’s businesses.
2. The second step is a progressive income tax, intended to discourage wealth. The federal government already has this well under control. Socialism always comes to power by delivering services which make the citizens dependent upon the government. Many American politicians have come to power by simply promising these services. Socialism is a “cash for clunkers” program that rescues those in poverty by bringing down the other 90% of citizens to their level. Remember this when you are living in what would now be called “poverty level”, and ask yourself why you, and every other American, didn’t do something about it while you still could. In America, today, there is much wealth to redistribute, but you cannot redistribute wealth when there is no more wealth to steal. Socialism does not, in truth, redistribute wealth. Socialism takes wealth from its citizens, and hands out whatever it wants, according to the wishes of the politicians in power. Through the Covid-19 pandemic, we see the government forcing “non-essential” businesses to close, and awarding blanket benefits to lesser income people.
3. The third step is the abolition of all rights of inheritance. Presently, inheritance is taxed heavily by the federal government through estate tax. We are only a short step away from government seizure. If great numbers of people were to begin dying, we should expect lawmakers to create special rules for the disposal of the property.
4. The fourth step, of Marx, is confiscation of property from “rebels”. Though not enforced broadly, in the past, the federal government has a number of methods of taking what they want from who they want. Socialists will always give up freedom to gain control. Not just all your freedoms and rights, but theirs also. Gun control has been a major grasp for control of everyone, in their push for globalism. You can’t have total control over someone who has the ability to defend themselves (See also- Why Socialists want To Ban Assault Weapons). While socialists grasp for power, at any cost, socialism generally seeks to change society through slow reform rather than through revolution. This is basically the only real difference between socialism and communism, even though we are constantly told they are different and all communist governments call themselves socialist. Socialism is shared poverty, and communism is socialism with a gun in you back. While Americans might readily stand against an oppressive uprising, they cower before peer pressure. It’s basically a crime to “offend” anyone. Any person who resists government oppression is a rebel. In this crises, many Americans have been threatened with police or military violence for refusing to obey some official’s self-proclaimed wisdom.
5. The fifth step, is the centralization of all credit in the hands of the state. Our banks are already regulated and nannied by the Federal Reserve. Many are now asking for bailouts, due to the virus. It’s easy to see where that can lead.
6. The sixth step is the centralization of all means of communication. Though not owned and operated by the government, the federal government already licenses and regulates pretty much all the media. In America, socialists already control most of the media, which controls what you are told about current, past, and future events They most likely have control over the operating system your computer uses, and over the search engine you use, which gives higher rankings to sites which promote socialist ideology. In other words, they have the ability to brainwash Americans from every direction. Even though most Americans are not really concerned about the Wuhan virus (we are concerned about others response to it), and don’t believe there is any great threat from it, the media talks of virtually nothing else. It is very clear mainstream media is following an agenda (see- Mob Mentality, And The Antichrist). The more fear they can create, the more money they make, and the more submissive the population becomes. Sadly, Americans have already developed an apathetic acceptance of whatever the government does, and whatever its false prophet says.
7. The seventh step is the control of factories and production by the government. Many Bureaus already have the power to take control of, or put out of business, any company in America. Whereas capitalism believes in a free market and mostly turns economics over to society, socialism is a government form centered around economics. The primary aim of socialism is the centralization of markets, all under government control. We now see various government authorities openly overstepping their authority, and taking control of, or shutting down, a great many businesses (by the way, Trump hasn’t yet done this, only governors and mayors are doing it).
8. The eighth step of Marx is the liability of all people to labor. While socialist politicians now love to hand out “lazy checks”, as a means of buying votes, history proves that this will all change soon after they gain complete control. Socialism is a cradle-to-grave offer of provision, in which the government is the arbitrator of all problems, and the master of all. The socialist “Green New Deal”, as well as addressing most of Marx’s ten steps, calls for the government creation of millions of jobs to put people to work. You have surely heard it a number of times, recently, “We must all do our part” and “we are all in this together”.
9. The ninth step is the combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; and gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country. At present, this is accomplished by the various bureaus of the federal government, and by the federal government continually taking power from state governments. The abolition of inheritance (#3), breaks down large family farms by forcing survivors to sell off large portions of land to pay inheritance taxes. We are now seeing a forced breakdown of communities, as a supposed effort to combat this pandemic. We should expect “social distancing” to have a great impact on this country’s future. In fact, socialists always create strife among the population in order to break any solidarity, and to stifle opposition.
10. The tenth step of Karl Marx is free government education for all children. Socialism strongly promotes a taxpayer-funded public education system. With America steadily falling behind the rest of the world intellectually, in the past few decades, and government-schooled young people increasingly embracing socialism, it is easy to see that our educational system has become little more than indoctrination camps for socialism. Add to this, private schools are also regulated by the federal government. And socialism opposes all parental rights in their children’s education. Americans already understand this and continue sending their children to these POW camps. Now, due to the Chinese virus and the economic stress placed on Americans by various government agencies, higher education, at already overpriced colleges, will be impossible for many young people. Some have suggested that the government will have to take over many colleges.
Prophecy also suggests that all major world powers must fall to socialism/communism in order for the Antichrist to rise to world power under a global government (see- 10 Reasons Why The Antichrist Will Be A Socialist). (See also- America’s Fall In Prophecy) (also- Proof That God Is Washing His Hands Of America)
But, God offers a glimmer of hope- “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
If America would turn back to God.