Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers
and their governments to rule well so we can go quietly about our business of
living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us
to live. He wants not only us but everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to
know the truth we’ve learned…”
Here’s the deal: “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. When the wicked rule, the people groan” (Prov. 29:2). Isn’t it time to change the groaning to rejoicing in America through godly leadership established in part through our prayers?
Top 10 Prayer Points to Pray Over America’s Elections
1. Pray for more of God’s Presence to be experienced in your community and our nation (Ps. 16:11; 2 Cor. 3:17).
2. Pray for the church to see the need to repent of personal and national sins in the fear of God (2 Chron. 7:14; 1 John 1:9; Prov. 9:10).
3. Pray for believers to unite in prayer to seek God for their neighborhoods and communities (1 Tim. 2:1-2).
4. Pray for godly candidates to be elected, regardless of party affiliation (Ps. 96:10; Ps. 1:1–3).
5. Pray for administrators, legislators and judges to serve in a way that aligns with God’s Word ( Ps. 19:7–11).
6. Pray for elections to be fair, honest, and without corruption (Prov. 16:13).
7. Pray that the Holy Spirit convicts many who do not know Christ, leading them to seek Him as Lord (1 Tim. 2:4).
8. Pray for divine protection over our nation during the critical upcoming elections (Prov. 3:5; Ps. 91).
9. Pray that those candidates who know Christ would openly and courageously speak of their faith and stand firm on their biblical principles(Matt. 5:13-16).
10. Pray that Christians across the nation will persist in seeking God’s purpose for America beyond the elections, and that God, in his mercy, will usher in transforming revival (Ezek. 37; Ps.42:1).
Pray starting now, and as we go to the polls to exercise our patriotic and civic duty, let’s remain united in faith and rejoice that our sovereign and supernatural God has a plan for His Church and our nation. We will “stand in the gap” and not be passive or anxious until we see it come to pass for His glory.
“Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ
Jesus (Phil. 4:4-7).